Urban Poverty Alleviation
Installation of Condom Vending Machine
With the support of Orissa State AIDS Control Society, Condom Vending Machines were installed in vulnerable areas of the city and selected slums.
Integrated Low Cost Sanitation Scheme
Individual toilets are being provided in selected authorized slums under Integrated Low Cost Sanitation Scheme so as to make those slums open defection free.
A Detail project Report (DPR) l has been submitted to Government to provide community toilets in at least one authorized slum of each ward so as to make those slums open defection free and improve overall health and hygiene.
Installation of Water Purifier in Selected Schools
With assistance of an NGO, water purifiers in selected schools of 5 wards have been provided.
World Health Day Celebration
On 7th April, a city level celebration was undertaken as a part of World Health Day to sensitize the denizens of the city regarding the age old concept “HEALTH IS WEALTH” and the need to promote the same.
Tenability Study of Slums
With the assistance of USAID, tenability study of all available slums have been undertaken so as to dovetail the identified tenable slums with Rajiv Awas Yojana. This sort of a study is the first of its kind in the country.
Urban Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction Programme
BMC with the support of Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) has undertaken Urban Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction Project to prepare the urban community to face urban disasters through different programmes like:
- Training disaster resistant construction practice for working engineers of different Govt. departments.
- Training of Officers on Disaster preparedness and response.
- School safety plan to manage school disasters in 35 schools.
- Training disaster resistant planning and construction practice for civil engineering and architecture students.
- Sensitization programme for corporators on disaster management.
- Sensitization programme for corporate bodies, house owner associations and builders on safe construction practice.
Urban Risk Reduction Project
BMC with support the support of Ministry Home Affairs (MHA) and in collaboration with State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) is going to implement urban Risk Reduction Project in BMC area to prepare the urban community to face probable future disaster in the City. The Major components of the project are follows:
- Hazard Risk Vulnerable Assessment of the City.
- Establishment of /Strengthening of City Emergency Operation Centre/ Control Room.
- Preparation of City Disaster Management Plan.
- Preparation of Ward Disaster Management Plan.
- School Safety Programme
- Training of Mayor & Corporators of ULBs on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Training Municipal Corporation Officer on Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Community awareness on disaster preparedness.