- JnNURM is the most ambitious Urban Programme in the history of India
- GOI initiative is aiming at encouraging reforms and fast track planned development of identified cities.
- To create economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities.
- Planned development of urban areas:
- To make the cities self-sustaining
- To remove regulations that impede city growth
- Integrated development of infrastructure:
- To secure effective linkages between asset creation and management for sustainability
- Adequate investment of funds
- Pro growth as well as pro poor.
BMC & JnNURM:
JnNURM – Projects, BMC:
BMC is one of the 63 identified cities under JnNURM.
- Conservation and Management of Bindusagar Lake
- Integrated Sewerage System for Bhubaneswar
- Storm water Drainage System for Bhubaneswar
- City Bus Service in Bhubaneswar
- BSUP in Bharatpur, Dumuduma, Nayapalli, Damana & Gadakana