What is IT-PMU ?
It is an organizational unit (usually a department, or a group of departments) that
determines, controls, and maintains the standards and processes related to project
management. The PMU idea consists in allowing managing multiple projects from a
single, centralized location by establishing the structure required to standardize
project management practices, maintain project portfolio management (IT), and set
up methodologies for repeatable workflows and processes.
The project management unit mission statement can be described as follows:
A PMU was formed to enable BMC in completing IT related projects more efficiently
and timely. The IT PMU is responsible for managing daily activities of the IT initiatives
of BMC under the able guidance of Deputy Commissioner of BMC. PMU intends to introduce
automation and implementation of integrated framework for e-Governance by leveraging
ICT with an aim to streamline, improve, and strengthen functioning of BMC and service
delivery to citizens.
Goals and Objectives of IT-PMU
The key objectives of IT-PMU include
- Providing effective and hassle free Citizen Centric Services through the Single
- Help BMC in increasing its efficiency and productivity with the aid of IT – ICT
- Develop IT based applications for better management and optimization of available
- Provide timely & reliable management information support to municipal administration
for effective decision making
- Providing mobility solutions for instant communication. Two mobile Apps i.e. "My
City My Pride" & "M-Office" is being implemented for both citizen and BMC
authority for faster communication and effective and timely grievance redressal.
- Reviewing the technical documents during the preparation of RFP.
- Reviewing the technical documents like SRS, Class diagram, ER diagram, high level
document, low level document etc.
- Development of BMCSampark, a grievance managment sytsem with a dedicated website
as well as with mobility solutions.