Urban Poverty Alleviation
Urban Poverty Alleviation Cell is working to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households of BMC. It creates opportunities to the poor households by enabling them to access gainful self employment and skilled wage employment for having sustainable livelihood.
- Urban Self Employment Programme through Bank linkages for setting up micro-enterprises.
- Urban Self Employment Programme for Skill Up gradation & Capacity building through
- Urban Wage Employment Programme by creation of durable Community assets in slums
& generation of income for urban poor through wage employment.
- Formation & strengthening of Urban Women Self Help Groups and linkages with
banks for setting up group micro enterprises.
Social security measures:
- Supervision & Monitoring of PDS of BPL families.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana & Annapurna Yojana.
- Implementation of National Old Age Pension Yojana, Indira Gandhi National Old Age
Pension & Madhubabu Pension Yojana.
- Implementation of National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS).
- Preparation of Ward level Disaster Management Plan.
- Preparation of School Safety Plan & Mock Drill
- Training of Engineers, Architects and Urban Planners on Disaster Resistant Construction
- Training of Corporators on Disaster Management and Response.
Projects in the pipe line
- Tenability study of the slums completed for implementation of Rajiv Awas Yojana.
- Household survey in one cluster covering Ward No. 7&12 being undertaken with
USAID assistance as a pilot project for RAY.
- DPR preparation for the said cluster.
- Household survey and DPR preparation for balance clusters.
BSUP projects in BMC:
- Nayapali Shabarsahi (1 slum)
- Bharatpur Vikash Nagar(12 clusters)
- Dumuduma ( 5 clusters)
Roles and function
- Urban self employment programme through Bank linkages for setting up micro enterprises
- Urban self employment programme for skill up gradation and capacity building through training
- Urban wage management programme by creation of durable community assets in slum and generation of income for urban poor.
- Formation & strengthening of Urban Self Help Groups and linkages with Banks for setting up group micro enterprises.
- To provide urban self employment opportunities through bank linkages for setting up micro enterprises
- Formation and strengthening of Women Self Help Group and linkage with Banks for setting up micro enterprise.
- Supervision and Monitoring of PDS of BPL families.