Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Urban Self Employment Programme through Bank linkages for setting up micro-enterprises.
- Urban Self Employment Programme for Skill Up gradation & Capacity building through training.
- Urban Wage Employment Programme by creation of durable Community assets in slums & generation of income for urban poor through wage employment.
- Formation & strengthening of Urban Women Self Help Groups and linkages with banks for setting up group micro enterprises.
Social security measures:
- Supervision & Monitoring of PDS of BPL families.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana & Annapurna Yojana.
- Implementation of National Old Age Pension Yojana, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension & Madhubabu Pension Yojana.
- Implementation of National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS).
- Preparation of Ward level Disaster Management Plan.
- Preparation of School Safety Plan & Mock Drill
- Training of Engineers, Architects and Urban Planners on Disaster Resistant Construction Practices
- Training of Corporators on Disaster Management and Response.
Rising trend of slums in the city from 1994-2008
Projects in the pipe line
- Tenability study of the slums completed for implementation of Rajiv Awas Yojana.
- Household survey in one cluster covering Ward No. 7&12 being undertaken with USAID assistance as a pilot project for RAY.
- DPR preparation for the said cluster.
- Household survey and DPR preparation for balance clusters.
BSUP projects in BMC:
- Nayapali Shabarsahi (1 slum)
- Bharatpur Vikash Nagar(12 clusters)
- Dumuduma ( 5 clusters)